Education Training to keep you up to date
Our live educational events keep you updated with all the changes brought on by new ATO updates, regulations, court rulings and government changes. For many though the most valuable part is the Q&A where I answer questions accountants have about how these impact trustees and their SMSFs.
- Stay up to date with all the SMSF knowledge you need
- Earn CPD points
- Ask any SMSF questions you have
Upcoming Live Webinar:
SMSF Updates April 2021
There have been a lot of changes in the last 12 months. Joel Curry will be covering a host of topics including:
- Mandated independence between SMSF Auditor and administrator
- Temporary leniency around some SIS regulations
- ATO crackdown on investment strategy
- Indexation of TBC
Date: Thursday 29 April 2021
Time: 1pm to 2pm EST
It will also feature a Q&A at the end to answer any questions you have.
TO REGISTER FOR THE WEBINAR: CLICK HERE
Past Events with replay links
LIVE WEBINAR November 2020
SMSF Estate Planning Masterclass
SMSF Estate planning and the incapacity or death of a member can be fraught with compliance, legal and taxation issues:
- Can the SMSF continue to the next generation?
- How can business assets be dealt with?
- Avoiding tax on death benefit payments?
- Who has control?
- What happens in the event of death or divorce?
- Mixed Families:
- How to manage the different financial needs of the parties?
- Does the trust deed reflect the intentions of all parties?
- Are binding death nominations valid?
Case Study: click to read or download
Missed the live webinar? Click here to view the recording (50 mins)
Webinar Slides: Click to view
Stuart Wolfe, Head of Advice, Politis Investment Strategies
Philip Hewitt, Special Counsel, SWS Lawyers
Joel Curry, Director, TriSuper Auditors
LIVE WEBINAR October 2020
Unpacking Apes 110, ATO rulings and how to profit from new order
- What is forbidden – every single edict
- Dispelling any ambiguity about current practices
- Commercial opportunities of independence
Note the webinar will also attract 1 CPD point.
Missed the webinar? Click here to view the recording (30 minutes)
Webinar slides PDF: Click here
LIVE WEBINAR June 2020
SMSF ATO Hotlist and COVID -19 update
Get bang up to date with this educational webinar covering:
- COVID-19 induced policy changes to SMSFs
- Other SMSF changes
- ATO Hotlist
- The seven most common mistakes we see coming through now
Missed the webinar? Click here to see the recording
1. Presentation slides: Click here
2. End of year checklist: Click here